Sunday, February 22, 2009

luck can suck it!

So over time I have realized there is no such thing as luck. Its not there, we think it is but when we are feeling "lucky" its because we did something, and if we want the "luck" to continue we better find out what it is we did and repeat it.
Case in point. Australia, it was in the relay and in a group of four on the cycle. I was looking around and its pretty fucking simple. 3 of us are getting medals, 1 isn't. I was pushing hard, I wanted a medal, and they played me for a chump and broke away 750m to the end of the bike. Now somehow you could say "aww, they are pretty lucky that they made it up to 3rd". No! coming on to the run I had one option for a medal, run down the 3rd place athlete, its not luck. Its simple are you or are you not going to change what you are doing.
From that point onward I don't believe in luck anymore, I think luck is just a term used to describe when we don't know what we did differently. 

I really like this video because its an embodiment of what we perceive as luck. Its not luck that they have won Le Mans three times in a row, Its because they know what they are doing, and they have been doing it right consistently. At Le Mans you get 24 hours to figure it out, there is no luck involved. If your behind, well you got 'x' amount of hours to figure it out.

 
P.S. Yeah I don't understand the horse either, just ignore that part

No comments:

Post a Comment